Here we go.

17 January 2013

Look at where we are.

This week has been a real snooze.  'Tis the season where I transform into a hibernator and have the insatiable desire to eat rich foods and curl up under a pile of blankets and dream away.  It's a struggle to stay busy, but I've managed to do little things like bake bread, practice yoga at home, read, and get out of the house and do a little socializin'.  Even so. Yawn/stretch.  So sleepy.

Last Friday, I made ciabatta for the first time.  It's quite the process, but absolutely worth it.  Not exactly gorgeous, but wonderfully tasty.  I feel like I'm becoming a legit bread maker; I'll be making more ciabatta this eve for a fundraiser and for the house.  Best served directly out of oven with Irish butter + jam:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Went to LP's 3rd (!!!) birthday party Saturday last.  I adore this little gal.  Good party, too.  Pizza and ice cream cake!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Got my lamp in working order:
 photo 91EE78F2-C477-47BF-8FC6-58EAFA0CEB21-12088-00000D238A3785ED.jpg

Destruction by Hurricanes AiLien + Brittany:
 photo 7F0CDD6E-D585-43A3-8660-9BF2187E65DF-11959-00000D16A4491568.jpg

Proof of physical contact:
 photo A782A9EA-5BC3-4571-9393-B61176965AF4-12088-00000D23BC71FF58.jpg

 photo 61388EA2-3F85-480D-9E96-BC86DB93BE60-12088-00000D23B347FC36.jpg

Bosc:
 photo BDC58F89-5C4D-45A2-8C97-583C8783B80F-12088-00000D2390E49AC8.jpg

19 days later:
 photo 3C33296C-366E-4532-BAD6-8588C16FCDE0-11959-00000D1442144C6F.jpg

 photo 1379B28A-2D07-4BF6-920C-F41EE1B4FDD4-11959-00000D1418F3E3D0.jpg

This is going to happen with some frequency at the Old Statehouse Museum.  Looking forward to the next one because it's a really good way to undo what the week has done to you:
 photo 3E0ACEB9-4837-4BF2-88C0-B20D9F900230-11959-00000D140C9C798B.jpg

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Ai Lien, I looked at the Old Statehouse site and didn't see anything about occasional musical performaces. Perhaps they are attached to something else in the site?...

Blair said...

I love the proof of physical contact photos! Sweet kitties!

AMD & KMHD said...

Carrie, I was just informed that the next cellist/violinist event will be Feb. 8. Maybe I'll see you there?

I believe it starts @ 5 p, btw.



Hai, Blair!

Carrie said...

Feb. 8th, you say? I will mark my calendar.

Alannah said...

Otherwise Known as The Photos That Blew My Mind - what with the SOLO & HD tail caress, absurdly odd & phallic pear, and that lamp....oh...that lamp.

I love the Old State House & wish I could go more often.

Goodbye.

Blog Archive